Skip to main content

Gobble Gobble

It’s Thanksgiving week!! Josh is home all week and my brother and his family are days away. It’s like a vacation over here. Well, I guess it technically is a vacation. Did you have a good week? Eli and I had an extra day together this week. We did our usual errands etc. but we also had a Starbucks, watched I Am and GMO OMG, made cinnamon rolls and did a bit of shopping. Those two documentaries are amazing. You should most definitely watch them. Of course those cinnamon rolls were supposed to be for mom’s group and I didn’t finish them until 2 hours after the event, but hey. It is what it is!

Ohhh on top of that I had the best girl’s day painting ceramics with my friend Aimee. I made a mug that will of course be featured on one of our Make it Monday’s at Polished Homemade. Speaking of P/H, I got to take a few photos of some of the most adorable babes out there. Meet Emma and Tucker. Try not to pinch their cheeks over the web.
               IMG_1515IMG_1625

This week I start week two of a creative photo editing class. I’m excited to learn more, but I realize I’m a bit all over the place as I find my ‘voice’. Here’s a few I did this week.
IMG_1356IMG_1560
Josh and I are about to head to church and then out to lunch for an early birthday celebration for his birthday. Poor guy, I’m splitting his celebrations into three days. Goodness. Now for the good stuff…

What we Bought: New boots for Wyo. They’ve been harder to keep on than his moccasins, but his raccoon shoes are now too small. MORE pajamas. He keeps growing! His winter coats are 12 months and I’m a little worried. I hope they still fit in a month.
Most Awkward Moment: Eli casually, purposefully, laying in Optimus’ drool to see how it feels. Ewwww!! I’m strongly considering making Optimus only drink outside.
Best Moment: My 2.5 hour nap with my lovely child. Good for me. Good for him. OR- getting a Starbucks. I seriously feel like a happier person with a Starbucks in hand. What do they put in it??
Useless purchases: Well, that gift I bought for the mom’s gift exchange was moot. Also I’m going to say this has been pretty useless. I just sit on the edge and soak my feet during Eli’s baths. Maybe I’ll use it in the future.
Invaluable purchases: Socks! I have at least 6 socks I can’t find the pair for. Sigh.
How my life has changed: I get ready in 12 minutes flat (post shower). My nursery rhyme library is quite extensive, and I’m becoming more obsessed with what’s in our food.

Eli: Week 45
IMG_1347IMG_1361IMG_1553IMG_1550
I love to crawl under and into things. For example, I like to crawl into the cabinets and media consoles and I like to crawl under chairs, my jumperoo, and under the coffee table. I believe Optimus is the best pillow and I am talking a lot. I can say (some semblance of) night-night, uh-oh, no no, dada, and mama. Mac and Cheese and cinnamon rolls are about the most delicious thing in the world and I am beginning to realize that the food I’ve been given thus far is sub-par. Whatever mommy and daddy have is always better. I am learning to high-five and use baby sign-language for “all done.”

Have a great week!
-Shantel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Velveteen Rabbit

We’re at week 32! Only 8 more weeks to go. Yesterday we had our final baby shower and it was just adorable. My in-laws threw us a Velveteen Rabbit themed shower. Take a look at these pictures my sister-in-law took of all the sweet decorations. Isn’t it just adorable? I was so sad to tear down the diaper cake, but that wreath is going to go on his nursery door I’m sure. Eli is so lucky to have a crafty grandmother. Not only did she decorate the shower, but she also made him a ton of personalized burp cloths, onesies, pants, blankets, and bibs. Aren’t they soooo cute? I’m thinking about changing his going home outfit to be his little lion onesie she made him with his name embroidered on it. We’ll have to see! Oh and that bear backpack! Isn’t it precious? I can’t wait to pack it up for him to go out to his Mimi’s. He’ll just love it.                     Now for his week 32 check in… Weight Gain:   29 lbs in 32 weeks. Crazy! I did gain 5 of those lbs wh

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

I’m so depressed! The Halloween party we were planning was cancelled (yea-that means we cancelled it). I LOVE love love Halloween, but I’m okay with a low-key night since many of our friends are going to be out of town the weekend we had planned to throw the party. Last year Josh and I spent time handing out candy to neighbor kids and watching the shining. Of course I decorated like crazy, but this year I think I’ll probably keep the decorating outdoors and use the food to celebrate the occasion. Here’s what I had planned food-wise for the Halloween Party. For (eh-hem, real food) snacks.         Trick or Treat Turnovers                                                       Pizza Mummies For crunching and munching on                   Scarecrow Crunch For dessert       Candy Corn Rice Krispies                        Monster Mash Pudding                  Pretzel and Brownie Skeletons I’ll probably let Josh pick out what I make for the occasion since all of it looks SO good

Ready Set, Have You Met...

In the event you don't know, the end of that lyric is "Robocar Poli" which has been playing often in this house lately. Anias and Eli both love it, and with the spiders, ticks, rain, and overall grouchiness of a sleep deprived almost 2 year old I'm just going to roll with it. Josh and I have been busy trying to fix up the house, but unlike those before and after seemingly instant photos it's taking over a month to just finish what we've already started, but we're getting closer! We're taking a long weekend together without the kids this week up in Chicago and I'm excited! It will be nice to explore a new place and see one of my favorite all-time bands: Beach House. Anias: 23 Months I say new words like ...Poli (requesting the show Robocar Poli), mowing, kick it, mint, bike, night night, eat it, cereal, battery, sheep, chick, here you go Mama My favorite food is ...macaroni, but I also like hamburgers and won't hardly have a m