Skip to main content

Welcome to the Jungle

Okay, so I’ve been thinking (obsessing) about the baby room already. I’m sure you’re not surprised, as I’m totally type A, but now that I’ve organized my thoughts/inspiration, I don’t know if I’ll be able to decide! I’ve created this ‘gender neutral’ board with a jungle animal theme, but I’ve also got boards ready for a forest animal themed room, a baby girl rainbow room (aka no theme), a mermaid room, and a Where the Wild Things Are, typical boy, themed room. Oh how I love themes. I really want the baby room to be bright and fun and whimsical. After all, this little person will only be little for a while. I’m sure I’ll blink and they’ll be rolling their eyes, listening to music, and tuning me out. I say, play up this part of life, right?

All of the boards have a) storage, b) crib sheets, c) a cute humidifier, d) a mobile, and e) art. I tried to work in lighting here and there too. Regardless of what theme we choose, I definitely want to have plenty of room for books.  I’m going to try and get my husband and his best friend to make the little one something similar to this.
643122_Caddy_Good_Read_GY
I’m sure the hubby will have the final say on the theme, but here are my boards for your viewing pleasure. Only 3 more weeks until we *might* be able to tell the gender! Woot Woot! I can’t wait, let’s hope baby Belcher cooperates. Here’s the jungle themed board to get us started.
wild animal room
Animal Bins, World Map, Jungle Animal Sheets, Elephant Sheets, Giraffe and Blanket combo, Elephant Play Rug, Elephant Humidifier, Striped Pillow, Giraffe Print, Giraffe Pillow, Elephant Lamp, Jungle Animal Mobile, Lion Rocker

Is it wrong for your baby to match their room? I hope not, because I am loving this set!
Giraffe Organic Bodysuit Short or Long Sleeve in Orange Spots with Handmade Organic Baby Shoes- Gift for  0 3  6 12 18 months- Baby Clothes Next week I'll show y'all the plans for the baby boy room!  Have a great weekend!
-Shantel

Comments

  1. Thanks for adding my giraffe pillow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry I just now discovered comments! I love that pillow! So cute

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Velveteen Rabbit

We’re at week 32! Only 8 more weeks to go. Yesterday we had our final baby shower and it was just adorable. My in-laws threw us a Velveteen Rabbit themed shower. Take a look at these pictures my sister-in-law took of all the sweet decorations. Isn’t it just adorable? I was so sad to tear down the diaper cake, but that wreath is going to go on his nursery door I’m sure. Eli is so lucky to have a crafty grandmother. Not only did she decorate the shower, but she also made him a ton of personalized burp cloths, onesies, pants, blankets, and bibs. Aren’t they soooo cute? I’m thinking about changing his going home outfit to be his little lion onesie she made him with his name embroidered on it. We’ll have to see! Oh and that bear backpack! Isn’t it precious? I can’t wait to pack it up for him to go out to his Mimi’s. He’ll just love it.                     Now for his week 32 check in… Weight Gain:   29 lbs in 32 weeks. Crazy! I did gain 5 of those lbs wh

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

I’m so depressed! The Halloween party we were planning was cancelled (yea-that means we cancelled it). I LOVE love love Halloween, but I’m okay with a low-key night since many of our friends are going to be out of town the weekend we had planned to throw the party. Last year Josh and I spent time handing out candy to neighbor kids and watching the shining. Of course I decorated like crazy, but this year I think I’ll probably keep the decorating outdoors and use the food to celebrate the occasion. Here’s what I had planned food-wise for the Halloween Party. For (eh-hem, real food) snacks.         Trick or Treat Turnovers                                                       Pizza Mummies For crunching and munching on                   Scarecrow Crunch For dessert       Candy Corn Rice Krispies                        Monster Mash Pudding                  Pretzel and Brownie Skeletons I’ll probably let Josh pick out what I make for the occasion since all of it looks SO good

Ready Set, Have You Met...

In the event you don't know, the end of that lyric is "Robocar Poli" which has been playing often in this house lately. Anias and Eli both love it, and with the spiders, ticks, rain, and overall grouchiness of a sleep deprived almost 2 year old I'm just going to roll with it. Josh and I have been busy trying to fix up the house, but unlike those before and after seemingly instant photos it's taking over a month to just finish what we've already started, but we're getting closer! We're taking a long weekend together without the kids this week up in Chicago and I'm excited! It will be nice to explore a new place and see one of my favorite all-time bands: Beach House. Anias: 23 Months I say new words like ...Poli (requesting the show Robocar Poli), mowing, kick it, mint, bike, night night, eat it, cereal, battery, sheep, chick, here you go Mama My favorite food is ...macaroni, but I also like hamburgers and won't hardly have a m