Skip to main content

You’re Invited

Over a year ago Natasha went to a bridal show and won $250 toward invitations at a local invitation shop so we made an appointment and went to check out the goods today. Natasha fell in LOVE with some fabulous invitations, but honestly for 175 invitations they were running $1200-$1400! Definitely out of the budget. So I set to work finding something similar to the 3 invites she loved, but more within the budget.
Vintage Vision - InvitationCozy Corners With Motif - InvitationEco Friendly Wedding Invitation, Fancy, Calligraphy, Script, Black Tie, Uptown, Printed on Shimmer Coverstock -Sample -Black and White-
The breakdown?
Top left: You can change the filigree color and the text font and color AND you can line the envelopes in color. Best part?  For the invite, response card, and lined envelopes for 175 people- $240
Top right:  These invites have a rough edge to them and look a bit like hand-beveled invitations. Again, you can change the design/font/colors and line the envelopes. For this invitation with a lined envelope and response cards (and envelopes) you're looking at- $210
Bottom picture: 150 of these invites with response cards and envelopes (unlined) would be $410- higher than the others but still do-able
Natasha also loved these out of the budget beauties
HAYLEY Vintage Lace Wrapped Wedding Invitation
My budget-friendly picks with a similar feel?
Wholesale Personalized white printing flower wedding invitation card fold invitations wedding favors, Free shipping, $1.13-1.47/Piece | DHgate
Left: 200 for $285
Right: DIY option (you know I love to do it myself)  for $180 (using invites printed at www.uprinting.com, paper doilies from http://www.delightsville.net and ribbon from http://www.bagsandbowsonline.com including $50 for ink)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Tips

This week’s focus is…         MENU Oh how I love food. After you’ve come up with your theme and your dĂ©cor, it seems (at least to me) for the menu to come along naturally. I do have a few rules I try stick to. When I throw a party I generally like to have something crunchy you can snack on, something healthy(ish), something you could consider to be what I call “real food” aka something you would eat as part of a main meal, at least 2 drink options, and something deliciously sweet. Although I try to have some of the food options be theme-specific, I don’t think it’s absolutely necessary. People might remember if your food was theme specific, but they’re definitely going to remember if your food was delicious. Don’t feel like you can’t make some of your favorite staples for a party! Make food you would like to eat- especially if you’re hosting. You might just have leftovers. If you’re staple food is steak, or something equally expensive or equally larg...

Dust yourself off & try again

Okay, I have persisted and I have a few tips. Fluffier frosting is definitely not the way to go. I used a fluffier frosting and the frosting ended up coming off the cookie with the stamp. This icing seemed to work much better. Secondly, brush cornstarch on top of the icing to limit the stickiness. PaperVine was so right about that! I had a rubber stamp and an acrylic stamp and the rubber stamp worked much better. That’s not to say that acrylic stamps won’t work, but I didn’t have an acrylic block to put the food coloring on. I used the paper towel method I read about somewhere (for the life of me I can’t find it), where you put paper towels into a Tupperware container and soak it with food coloring. You use the paper towels as a sort of ink-pad. Next time I may just shell out the cash for an un-inked foam pad. I’m also interested to see how different types of food coloring works. Some people swear by gel while others swear by airbrush food coloring. Thirdly, make sure you’re hu...

Nerd, Nerd, Nerd, Nerd is the Word

I really want to throw a nerd party! How fun would that be? If my husband was into parties I might would just throw him a nerd party for his birthday. He’s not a Screech type of nerd, but he does like to game and is into computers and gadgets. I’m definitely having trouble coming up with a catchy name for the invitations, but you know I’m ready for the food! I think I would start out with a periodic table cloth on the food table to set the stage. Much like this one from Learning beyond the books. Then I’d definitely bake a nice pi pie like this one from Bot Pie . Then I would pick and choose from some of theses ideas. Love the Jell-O Legos The Joys of Jello did! These cupcake stencils and cakelet pans from Williams Sonoma are so cool too! And who could forget drinks? Harry Potter Butterbeer anyone? As far as dĂ©cor goes- I think these removable Mario wall stickers would be a nice addition, and these Star Wars (Lego) glow sticks could be fun favors. This is definitel...